And another 8 I will…

  1. Sales assistants in Harrod’s. This people know their stuff, and know what we innocent consumers are paying for. So yes, they butter you up like the professionals they are, and you love them for it. Here’s an example: went to the Pet Shop at Harrod’s to get a present for my doggie (wasn’t going to get back with presents for everyone but him). Apart from being absolutely astonished by the variety of products, brands, etc. and the way they where displayed, I was totally absorbed by the Patisserie for Dogs. That’s right, patisserie. When approaching the sales assistant for help (I was just so thrilled and astonished by the shapes and colours that I couldn’t think straight) not only was I helped, but asked about my pet, his name, and even his picture! They also gave me links to find the delicatessen on-line, and some other tips… So jolly…
  2. Punctuality & manners. Just love it: Opening and closing hours are strict, so is the start of classes.And nowbody pushes you in the tube without apologising... ever heard of that here? no, I don't thinks so (in general, that is)
  3. Tube is so quick in London… old (very, very, very old), but quick. Ans o very expensive...
  4. Portobello Rd… then again, if we were to have one back home, it wouldn’t be as special… oh quit it!!! Who am I trying to fool??? I want a Portobello market in Madrid… NOW!!!
  5. Borders. I just LOVE the place. Imagine for a second a book store in which you could get the magazines/books from the shelves, and take them with you to the coffee shop (which happens to be a Starbucks) where you could go through them and then leave, without buying them. That’s Borders. So jolly… Us Spanish can just dream with a place like this… think Vips would accept? Nah… just not gonna happen.
  6. The street style. If there’s a place where fashion is as free as a dove, it is certainly London. Anything will do. Want to experiment? This is the place, since nobody is going to look at you funny whatsoever. Then again, this has it’s downfall… since you can see pretty horrific looks (really fat ladies in condom-tube-like dresses…) but, all in all, it’s a nice place to get inspiration for.
  7. The show offer. So complete, so different…I went to 2 musicals (Wicked & Lion King), and a Play (Peter Pan). Loved every single one of them. There's theatre, music... anything you can think of
  8. That cute British accent... hopefully I got mine back. I sure can help my love for it...

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Recomendaciones de Agnes: “La Canción de Aquiles” y “Circe” de Madeline Miller

Lunes de los 5 Sentidos 734

Memorias y libros en primera persona para los que quieren vivir en los zapatos de otro